Saturday, March 19, 2011

gemma correll


I have been trying to cut back on the amount of weekends I waste waking up with a hangover and being completely useless all day long - although I believe these weekends are necessary as well - I just want to cut back. So I have been feeling very refreshed lately and slightly richer (yay) and have even found myself doing morning walks. So today - even though it was a little rainy - I decided to venture out for a Sunday morning walk and get a coffee. Methyr village in Brisbane has nice little coffee shops so I stopped in at one and ordered a skinny latte and than pulled up at a table to read a magazine. I looked around for one of those rediculous celebrity gossip mags - the ones that are pretty much full of shit but I sometimes can't help myself- but couldn't see one so I settled for a little arts mag that I had never seen before and can't even remember the name to tell you. But anyway I found an article in it about an amazing talented artist Gemma Correll, who created these gorgeous drawings in this post. Check out more of her work here.

Suddenly feel inspired to pick up some Faber Castell pens and attempt some works myself.







No comments:

Post a Comment